We Will Tell Your Story–the True Story–While Protecting Your Rights in the Criminal Justice System
Fighting for clients accused of a wide range of crimes in Ohio
At the law offices of attorney Chris Maher we understand that being accused of a crime by the government is a terrifying experience for anyone. The stress can be overwhelming, especially if the allegations carry significant prison time or threaten a “sex offender” label. You may not understand all of your legal rights and might not be sure where to turn for help. We will fight to achieve the best possible outcome–up to and including trying your case to a jury. If you or a loved one has been arrested, charged with a crime, or is under investigation for a supposed crime, contact The Law Offices of Christopher Scott Maher, LLC.
If this is the first time you’ve felt the crushing weight of law enforcement pressing down on you or a loved one in a way that seems intended to ruin your life, rip apart your family, and destroy your reputation, then it’s time to take action now.
If this is not your first dance with the police, then you already know what it’s like to be continuously viewed as a target by cops and prosecutors. In fact, if you have had past run-ins with the law, then you are particularly susceptible to both false accusations and completely unfair and overblown charges.
For 30 years, we have brought innovative solutions to criminal cases in Ohio. If you’re ready to fight back, contact us.
Experienced and Unique Trial Attorney: The Voice of the Accused
Our firm focuses exclusively on criminal defense, including the following types of cases:
- Violent Crimes and Sex Offenses— We defend people being prosecuted for all forms of assault, sex crimes, domestic violence, homicide, and other crimes of violence. We know how to challenge the prosecution’s case in order to give you the best opportunity to defeat the charges.
- Drug Crimes — Our law firm builds vigorous defenses for people accused of a range of drug crimes, including trafficking, distribution, and possession.
- Firearms and other Weapons Offenses — We stand up for the rights of Ohioans facing charges for gun and weapons crimes and are familiar with the relevant laws.
- Theft, Burglary, Robbery— When you’re being accused of theft, burglary, robbery, or similar offenses, you can count on maximum representation from our firm.
- Judicial Release, Parole, Post-Release Control, and Probation — We handle post-conviction matters, including petitions for judicial release, and issues relating to parole, post-release control, and probation violations.
- Expungements, Sealing the Records — If you’re looking to remove a past conviction from your record in order to pursue new employment, to buy a house, or to simply show that you have made positive changes in your life, we believe you should not be burdened by mistakes of the past. Or if you were charged with a crime, but never convicted, we can assist by petitioning to seal the arrest and charging record. We help legally eligible clients pursue sealing and expungements.
We will never apologize for serving as your guardian against excessive and abusive law enforcement tactics.
Contact our office:
The Law Offices of Christopher Scott Maher, LLC in Cleveland represents Ohio residents accused of a variety of serious crimes. To schedule a free consultation, call our firm at 216-650-3676 or contact us online.